Sunday, June 13, 2010

I think I finally got it right!


Good Sunday morning! I wanted to make a quick post before I head out on my walk. I'm hoping the rain will hold off. It's definitely sweatshirt weather too...brrr!
I have another "buckle strap" card for you today. I'm happy with the way this one turned out. The others I wasn't quite happy with...something was not quite right. I have found that the color of the strap makes a huge difference in the finished look of the card. I had planned to put a white strap on this one, but it looked all wrong. Who would think that small piece of cardstock could make such a difference?
The chicks are colored with Prismas and accented with a touch of Doodlebug glitter. I also added a sentiment; I was rummaging through my stamps the other day and found this one that I had forgotten I had. I was planning to make a few wedding cards one of these days, so this stamp was on my mind.
Image/Sentiment: Stampendous
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, Hibiscus Burst, and Pure Black, Doodlebug DP
Embellies: Doodlebug Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Nestabilities, SU! Word Window Punch, EK Success 3D Dots
Thanks for stopping by today; enjoy your day!
Angela

8 comments:

Larissa said...

Wow this is my favorite buckle card (so far....). The image is so sweet and I think your dp is fabulous! So perfect together with the bright pink!

I really have to try one of these cards, such a lovely design!

Banu said...

WOW Angela. This card is just superb. Loved the color combo, the coloring and the buckle color does make the card stand out, Way too cool.

Imke said...

Angela, your card is amazing. Love the DP and the image is so pretty !

Unknown said...

You're right...these are harder than they look...this one is lovely! The pink strap is perfect.

Amy said...

Awww... this is really cute! I love the pink strap.

Chris said...

i love this! the image with that dp is perfect!!

Rebecca said...

This turned out great!!! I liked your other 2, also, but this one has a great little pop to it. And that sentiment looks awesome with the happy new couple ;)

Hope your weather starts cooperating with you

Jessica G. said...

Too cute! I really like the reverse colors of the two DPs and the chicks are so sweet. Great simple and to-the-point sentiment, too!!