Thursday, July 1, 2010

Flowerpot Chick

Good morning! I used yesterday's SCS sketch for this card; I always look forward to seeing the new sketch on Wednesdays! Do any of you like to play the sketch challenges over there? I print them off for future reference, since coming up with "a plan" is the hardest part for me. It's a great jumpstart; I just look for an image to fit and go from there....

The chick is colored with Prismas and I just used a bit of twill for embellishing. I had initially thought I'd do a little piercing and add some brads, but opted for a simpler look instead.

Image: Stampendous "Patty Chick"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! So Saffron and Ruby Red, The Paper Studio DP
Embellie: SU! So Saffron Twill
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, EK Success 3D Dots

I'm so glad to be off work today; I have a "to-do" list and then I hope to get a little crafty time. I hope you are able to work in a little crafty time too!

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

6 comments:

Kathy said...

This is adorable. Love the pink and yellow combo. I always look forward to the new sketch on Wed. too.

Amy said...

Oh, so cute! I always love your cards--they make me happy.

Jessica G. said...

Cute, cute, cute! The red mat pops off this creamy yellow background; all the colors and the DP are coordinated perfectly to your adorable image!!

Larissa said...

Great card with another cute chickie. :) The sketch is awesome. I must admit that I always forget the SCS challenges and they are sometimes really fun!

Susan said...

It is just amazing how you make your cards look like the dsp is the one who's trying to match your image. They always go together so perfectly!

Banu said...

Angela, really cute card. I love it.