Saturday, July 31, 2010

Good morning! I don't have a card to share today, but I wanted to share a photo of the cupcakes DD and I made yesterday. We made the "Malted Milk Cupcakes". They are so yummy! You are supposed to crush the malted milk balls to garnish the top, but with 2 kids helping out, I thought we would just go with a single malted milk ball. The buttercream frosting is flavored with malted milk powder, while the cupcake itself is a very light chocolate with milk chocolate chips.

If you have kids (or just enjoy cupcakes), this cookbook would be the one for you! The recipes start with a cake mix and you add a lot of extras. By the time you are done, you would never know you started with a mix; the cupcakes are truly delicious! The book includes many original flavors; it is hard to decide which one you will make....

That's all for today. I'll be back tomorrow with a card for Verve's 3rd anniversary blog hop. Thanks for stopping by; I'll see you then!

Angela

3 comments:

Larissa said...

This is looking really good! Can I have one?? :):)

Jessica G. said...

Mmm, these cupcakes sounds yummy and like a perfect kid and mom activity! Also a great gift idea for friends with little ones!!

Anonymous said...

Oh totally delish! What a great idea - I am going to have to check out that book for sure...