Monday, October 25, 2010

CAS90: Pumpkin Chick


Good Monday morning! I hope you all had a great weekend!
I thought I would take a quick peek at the Clean and Simple Challenge over at SCS; I decided I had to play along since the challenge was to use gingham or checks. I thought for sure that there was some black/orange gingham ribbon in the stash, but I came up empty. I made my own by coloring the ribbon with a SU! marker. Although my fingers are a lovely shade of orange, it was pretty simple and worked like a charm.
This card was super fast and easy. The chick is colored with pencils, accented with glitter, and cut out with Nestabilities. I scored a couple of lines on the cardbase, added the ribbon, tied it off with floss, and added the image panel. Voila'!
Image: Stampendous "Chick or Treat"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Orange Marker
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and True Black, SU! Tangerine Tango
Embellies: Doodlebug Glitter, Ribbon fx Black Gingham Ribbon, DMC Black Floss
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Scor-Pal, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, EK Success 3D Dots
Thanks for stopping by today; I hope your week is off to a great start!
Angela

6 comments:

Banu said...

Beautiful CAS Card. Loved the coloring and Glitter. Really nice choice of color combination as well. Awesome.

Imke said...

Angela, this is such a pretty CAS card. The little chick in the pumpkin looks really funny !!

Amy said...

Oh, this is so adorable!

Larissa said...

So very cute! Love this stamp and the ribbon looks perfect.

Chris said...

too freakin cute, love that image!

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card. Love the embossing lines and the sweet chick. Great card. You always have great ideas.