Sunday, October 31, 2010

I've Been Bitten By The Stamping Bug!

Hello! Are you enjoying your Sunday? I sure am! I took some time to play along with Jen del Muro's Sketch For You To Try. You can check it out here if you'd like to.

I was looking through my paper to find something that had 3 coordinating patterns and came up with this DP from Crate Paper. It is really nice stuff! It is double-sided and CS weight. As I was making the card though, I had second thoughts.... I had one of those moments where I wondered, "What could I have been thinking?" It is pretty busy and there's a lot going on! I kept going though, because I hate to waste good paper! I do like how it turned out when I finished it though....

The image is colored with pencils and the wings have a coating of Art Glitter...they really sparkle! Rather than introduce yet another paper to the lineup, I chose to use vellum for the bottom panel. I like the way it looks; it mutes the DP just a bit. I used Bella Dots to cover the glue.

Image: Stamping Bella
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, Dark Chocolate and Simply Chartreuse, Crate Paper DP, The Paper Studio Vellum
Embellies: Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Polar Bear", PTI Dark Chocolate Twill, Bella Dots
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, EK Success 3D Dots

Thanks for stopping by today; enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Angela

7 comments:

Banu said...

Angela, Cute cute card. It does not seem too busy somehow. It all works out well together.

Amy said...

So cute! Great job with the sketch!

Imke said...

Angela, great take with this sketch. I like the different DP and this image is too cute.

Kathy said...

I love these bright bold prints together, they look wonderful!

Chris said...

this is too damn cute!~! love that image!

Art Glitter said...

Really cute Angela! Thanks for the mention, you can find a link on our FaceBook Fan Club
info@artglitter.com
http://www.artglitter.com
http://artglitterblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Glitter/330357605104

Larissa said...

Very cute! LOve it how you coloured the little buggy.