Wednesday, October 20, 2010

SC 303: Hiya Gorgeous

Hello and happy Wednesday! I made the time to participate in the SCS sketch challenge today; it felt so good to sit and make a card just for fun!

I am also entering this card in the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge #10, which was to make a Halloween card or gift packaging using ribbon.

I was out of town last weekend and had the opportunity to shop at three scrapbook stores; I found this paper and web ribbon, so I thought I would put them to good use. Have you ever heard of the girls' paperie? I think they must be fairly new. Anyway, they really have some pretty papers and embellishments.

I used a digital image from Pink Cat Studio; the sentiment is rubber. The image is colored with pencils and accented with a black gel pen. I used some black Bella Dots for embellishing, to mimic the dotted DP. I discovered that I could create a "photo corner" effect, which I thought was kind of fun.

Image: Pink Cat Studio Digi "Itty Bitty Betty Broom Ride"
Sentiment: Pink Cat Studio "Kiki Kitty Stamps" Set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Paper: G.P. 110, SU! Tangerine Tango, PTI True Black, The Girls' Paperie DP
Embellies: Black Web Ribbon (unknown source), Bella Dots
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, EK Success 3D Dots

I wanted to show you my first version of the card, too. I was done, but I was thinking it a bit bland. I really wasn't sure what else to do so I went ahead and photographed it. All of the sudden it occured to me that the white sentiment panel stuck out like a sore thumb. I got out my scalpel and did a bit of "surgery" to unglue the frog's leg from the white panel. I was amazed at the difference the addition of the orange sentiment panel made. After adding the orange panel, I was finally happy with the finished card.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Angela

9 comments:

Amy said...

What a darling image! Love the frog hanging off her broom. The black webbing and brads add so much!

Kathy said...

This is darling Angela, what a sweet image and sentiment. You are right the orange senti panel really just finishes it off. I love the Bella dot corner, too, clever idea. Did you say three scrapbook stores????!!! Wow, sounds like fun, glad you had a get away.

Chris said...

this is wicked cute!! love it!

Imke said...

Angela, sweet image and the frogs are too funny !!

Donelda said...

that is funky web ribbon, a perfect addition to your card. It was so cool that you showed us the first version of the card and you are right that the colored sentiment panel makes such a big difference!! wow.

Linda Palmer said...

I love your card. It is so cute and love all the embellishments and the webbing. Darling card.

Larissa said...

Hi Angela,

I am back home! I had a great time!! :)

Very cute card, my friend. I love these halloween images from Pink Petticoat! Love the papers you used and that spooky ribbon is so perfect for a halloween card! The ornage sentiment looks so much better than the white one.

Banu said...

WOW Angela, this card turned out jus awesome. Really neat.

Bonnie Garby said...

Adorable Halloween card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.