Tuesday, October 12, 2010

TMS#62: "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat!"







Hello there! I havn't posted since last week's TMS challenge...I just came off a 6/7 day stretch, had out of state company for the weekend and started a 4/5 day stretch today. So, I am really looking forward to some more crafty time!


Okay, back to TMS! This week the fun theme is "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat!" Do any of you remember saying that when you were a child?! This week the challenge is all about packaging and our sponsor is Deedee's Digis. The set I am working with here is called "Batty Boo"; I love the fun sayings!


I had a lot of fun ideas but not the time to execute them, so I decided to go for some cupcakes. These are Malted Milk Cupcakes and are supposed to have crushed Whoppers on top, but the only Whoppers I could find were peanut butter or strawberry.... Neither sounded good, so I decided some orange edible glitter would be festive! DH brought up the point that I could have saved a lot of time and bought some cupcakes.... Now, where is the fun in that?!


I printed the sentiments, die cut them with Nestabilities and layered them with a scalloped border. Next I adhered the toothpick and followed that with another scalloped layer so they would look nice from the back side. For the tag, I colored the image with pencils and accented it with glitter before die cutting it and layering it. I punched a hole and used embroidery floss to hang it with. I placed the cupcakes on a small black frisbee that I found in the Target Dollar Spot and tied the wrap with some Halloween ribbon. Voila! Easy (and yummy!) Halloween treats to hand out to friends or neighbors!


Image/Sentiments: Deedee's Digis

Paper: G.P. 110, SU! Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black

Embellies: Doodlebug Glitter, Black/Orange Grosgrain Ribbon (my stash)

Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, DMC Floss, Frisbee, Plastic Wrap, Toothpicks


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you will head on over to the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog to check out the rest of the DT's goodies...I know I'm really excited to see what they have all come up with!


Angela




9 comments:

Jackie Randolph said...

Hi Angela, those cupcakes look so yummy!! What an adorable idea of serving them up on a frisbee. Very cute and inexpensive,oh I like!!!

Jessica G. said...

Wow -- you have been one busy gal and still found time to bake cupcakes? And craft these adorable toppers?? Super mom!!

So cute and I'll bet they are so yummy, too!

Kathy said...

These are adorable Angela. Love the toppers, so cute. Can't believe you whipped these up after working 6/7 days, wow, you rock! I bet they are delish, too!

Anita said...

What yummy idea!

Banu said...

These turned out awesome Angela. Loved them. Very pretty.

Linda Palmer said...

Cool sentiments and Yummy cupcakes. Love your ideas.

Theresa said...

What a yummy project!!

Melissa Craig said...

Angela your dedication is appreciated!! I can't believe you baked after that kind of schedule! Wow!!! Those cupcakes look soooo yummy and I bet they're really good with the Whoppers. Care to share the recipe?

Larissa said...

Wow these look so jummy! Can you send me one or are they allready gone? LOL