Thursday, November 11, 2010

CAS Lucky Star


Hello! I'm back with a clean and simple card today. This is a variation of one I saw on SCS some time ago. I have made some with a different sentiment and a heart, but thought I would try something else just for fun.
The sentiment is stamped on vellum, the vellum is mounted on white CS and then the star is slipped between the layers and held in place with a touch of glue. If you cut the vellum just a bit wider on the sides, you can turn the ends under and hold the panel in place with a touch of glue on the back; this way the front is free of glue. I used 3 self-adhesive rhinestones for embellishing.
Sentiment: SU! Define Your Life
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and True Black, The Paper Studio Vellum
Embellie: Me And My Big Ideas Rhinestones
Extra: EK Success Star Punch
Tips and Tricks:
I you are impatient (like me!), use your heat gun to "set" the ink on the vellum. I stamped a bunch of sentiments and as I was putting the card together, realized I had smudged the ink (my messy fingers should have been my first clue!)
Thanks for stopping by today!
Angela

6 comments:

Amy said...

I love the beautiful simplicity of this card!

Donelda said...

this i ssoooooo cool!!

Jessica G. said...

Wonderful CAS card, Angela! Stamping the sentiment on vellum is such a fun touch and it's the perfect definition to pair with this star!

Larissa said...

Wow this is so CAS! Love it!

Chris said...

i totally love this, so simple and adorable!

Kathy said...

Beautiful CAS card! Thanks for the tip about cutting the vellum a bit larger and adhering behind. Never would have thought of that, great idea.