Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


Good morning and "Happy Thanksgiving"! It's hard to believe the holiday season is here...where did the year go? Today I have SCS sketch challenge #308 featuring a little elf, just in case you are going to brave "Black Friday" tomorrow and need a little shopping inspiration!
When I was looking through my stamps I came across this cute little elf and decided to run with it. The DP was already on my table, so that was an easy choice. I had completed the card and was disappointed because it was missing somthing.... That's when I had the idea to take off the lower right jingle bell and add a snowflake. I think it was just the right touch, as it had looked bare before. The snowflake is 3 different Spellbinder's dies, layered together. The middle layer has the same glitter on it that I applied to the elf's fur trim. I like the sparkle! I found the jingle bell brads at Hobby Lobby last summer; I thought they were kind of fun!
Image: Stampendous "Elf Wishes" Clear Set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Smokey Shadow, SU! Wild Wasabi, Fancy Pants Designs DP
Embellies: Spare Parts Jingle Bell Brads, Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Polar Bear"
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Snowflake Dies, EK Success 3D Dots
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful, safe holiday, and that you are able to spend it with family or friends!
Angela

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy Thanksgiving Angela. Love the little elf, he is so cute. All the glitter is beautiful. Hope you get some family time after work tonight.

Imke said...

Angela, the little elf is so cute and i like the different layer of DP.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family !!

Amy said...

This is precious! I love that little elf. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Linda Palmer said...

Happy thanksgiving Angela and to your family too.

This card is darling. I love everything about it. Great layout.

Jessica G. said...

Adorable elf, awesome combo of elegant DPs, and that snowflake is gorgeous!