Friday, November 26, 2010

Hope you're feeling better....

Hello! How was your turkey day? I hope you were able to spend it with family and/or friends. I unexpectedly got the day off; of course, I was on call so I just toted my work clothes with me in case I had to make a quick change. Luckily enough, I wasn't called in!

I took a tote bag of books/magazines with me to read. Most of the family likes to watch sports, but myself...not so much.... So I reread an old Paper Crafts publication. I came across this cute card, and thought it would be fun to CASE. I switched the cloud from paper to felt and put my sentiment across the bottom. I am loving the cheerful rainbow...especially after the cold weather we are having! I plan to make some more of these to fill my card basket for family and friends.

Sentiment: Papertrey Ink "Everyday Button Bits"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: SU! Cool Caribbean, Bazzill Bling
Embellie: Robin's Nest Dew Drops
Extras: MFT Die-namics Cloud Die, White Felt

I am wondering if any of you braved the crowds and shopped the Black Friday sales? DD talked me into it and I will say we had a good time. We got up at 3:45 and arrived at our first store just minutes after 5:00; we then found out they had opened at 3:00! I was amazed at the amount of people out and about! Wow! I had no idea! We spent the majority of our time in a department store, but we made quick stops at a lot of places. We were able to get gifts for DH, both kids (that was tricky, since DD was with me!), 2 Grandmas, 1 Grandpa, and 3 of DD's friends. All in all the day was a success and we finished it with lunch at our favorite deli before coming home to crash. DS couldn't believe we spent 8 hours shopping! The time went fast and we were lucky to have encountered nice shoppers/clerks along the way. I don't know about you, but I have heard the stories....

All right, that's it for me today! Thanks for stopping by; I hope you're having a super day!

Angela

5 comments:

Amy said...

This is a fun, uplifting card! Glad you had a fun productive Black Friday experience!

Joanna M. said...

Love the card but you are INSANE to get early and shop!

Imke said...

Angela, your card is absolutely amazing. Simply but the result- fantastic. Love the raindrops.

I´m glad that you have survived the Black Friday Shopping !!

Jessica G. said...

Awesome card, Angela! The rainbow is so fun and combined with the felt cloud and dew drops -- perfect!!

Impressive shopping, too; bet it was not only fun, but great bonding time with DD. Sounds like an amazing combo to me!

Anonymous said...

So sweet and simple - this is a great card Angela. It would make anyone feel better in a blink!