Thursday, November 11, 2010

"I Even Love The Box"

Good morning! It's Bellarific Friday! The challenge this week was Christmas, and I paired this challenge with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #99. I was lucky enough to receive this Mo Manning stamp from my Secret Sister...isn't he adorable?! I tell you, she spoils me!

The image is colored with pencils and I used a red marker on the tag. The green bow is covered with Crystal Effects and the hat is highlighted with glitter, but it's hard to see that in the picture. I like Mercy's simple layout to keep the focus on the image. For embellishment I used a button and some ribbon. The organdy ribbon is gathered with thread and adhered with glue dots, with the black ribbon adhered over the top. To gather the ribbon, I used a running stitch down the middle and just pulled the thread until it looked "right".

The DP is from Making Memories. I bought some last year and only had a tiny piece left. I was lucky enough to find more this year, so I replenished my stash. I really like the vivid colors, patterns and distressing.

Image: Mo Manning for Stamping Bella "I Even Love The Box"
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, SU! Ruby Red Marker
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream and True Black, SU! Cherry Cobbler, Making Memories DP
Embellies: PTI Black Button, Cream Organza Ribbon, SU! Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Polar Bear", SU! Crystal Effects
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilites, DMC Floss

Check out the other entries for Bellarific Friday here on Blogabella...it just might get you in the Christmas spirit!

Thanks for stopping by; have a great day!

Angela

9 comments:

Imke said...

Oh Angela, this is sooo cute and I like how you´ve added the ribbon.

Amy said...

This is darling! This is the 3rd reference I've heard to Mo Manning in as many days, so I went ank checked her out--her stuff is amazing! I love the DP you used, and the way you gathered the ribbon. Very beautiful card.

Donelda said...

so sweet!! you did a great job with this layout!

Jessica G. said...

This image is adorable and your coloring is awesome, Angela! Fun ruffle ribbon treatment, too; I needed your help with my TMS card this week!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Super cute image. Fun holiday card.

Larissa said...

Very cute Angela! Love this image and the dp you used is gorgeous!

Linda Palmer said...

Darling image! Love how you colored it and your layout is great. Love all Mo's images. Beautiful dp.

Chris said...

what a cute image, love how you did the ribbon!

Kathy said...

Wow, great Christmas card. Love the dp you used and the ruffled ribbon is a pretty touch. Beautifully colored image, too!