Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mojo Monday #165

Hello! How is your weekend going? Mine seems to be going too fast. How about you?

I really wanted to make a card today, but found I had absolutely no mojo. I checked out the gallery at SCS and did a little blurfing; I finally found some inspiration when I saw the Mojo Monday sketch. I found even more inspiration when the postman came.... I had been waiting for a package from PTI and it arrived today! Yay! I was waiting for Dawn Mc Vey's dress form die especially; I loved it the minute I saw it....

The whole vintage, shabby-chic style has really been catching my eye lately. I received a package, from a stamping buddy, in the mail recently. It had some beautiful papers, gorgeous Tim Holtz buttons, crochet lace and a darling stamp. I was mesmerized. Then a couple of days ago I saw a sneak peek at the new SU! Occasions Mini; it's full of wonderful stuff. It seems this style is all around me and I'm trying to figure out how to make it work, because it's not really my style.... It's out of my comfort zone.... Today's card was a step in the right direction I think; I'm not there yet, but I'm getting closer.

The sketch was a fun one; I did make my interior panel a bit smaller just to show off the fun DP on the cardbase. The DP is all from an October Afternoon pad called "The Thrift Shop". All other supplies are PTI. The only thing stamped on this card is the sentiment. I had a lot of fun just playing around with the buttons and ribbons, trying to come up with just the right "look". I ended up leaving the ribbon off and opted for a rickrack border. I also cut 2 of the dress form die, just to make it a bit sturdier, since I wanted to pop it up.

Sentiment: PTI Signature Series: Dress Form
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Simply Chartreause and True Black, October Afternoon DP
Embellies: PTI Buttons
Extras: PTI Dress Form and Rickrack Dies, DMC Floss, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, EK Success 3D Dots, Glue Dots

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are enjoying your weekend and are taking some time to get crafty...whatever your style may be!

Angela

5 comments:

Imke said...

Angela, your order has already arrived? Sniff sniff .... I have to wait...LOL

Your card looks fabulous !! I like everything- the layout - the DP - Buttons....everything fits perfect. Very beautiful !!

Amy said...

Oh, Angela, this is wonderful! I LOVE the dressform cut out of that DP--super cool! And I love the pattern BG. I've also seen a copy of the SU Occasions mini, and I loved the sewing stuff too!

Kathy said...

I LOVE this one Angela. Beautiful papers, buttons, ricrac, everything is just right! I think you are there, with the style already. That die didn't really speak to me until now, think I'm going to need it! Really great card.

Jessica G. said...

Love, love, LOVE this card, Angela! The dress form die is so perfect on printed DP and using buttons along the border is the ultimate theme coordination!! Wonderful shabby chic flair!

Larissa said...

I may not feel like your style, but I think you rocked it! Love the buttons and the cute dp.