Sunday, November 7, 2010

MOJO163: Let's mix it up!


Hello! How has your weekend been? It seems they fly by way too fast.... I just finished the Mojo Monday sketch. It was a pretty simple one this week; I like that you can really showcase your DP.
I used one of the MFT a'la modes; I think she's really cute and the image went so well with the baking themed paper that I found on my last excursion into a scrapbooking store. The image is colored with pencils and cut with Spellbinder's dies. I used some grosgrain ribbon and a charm from my stash to finish the card.
Image/Sentiment: MFT "What's Cooking?"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, Fine Linen, and Pure Poppy, Little Yellow Bicycle DP
Embellies: PTI Fine Linen Grosgrain Ribbon, SU! Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Karen Foster Charm
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, EK Success 3D Dots
I had a question regarding how I cut my 1/8" layers. I just use my Cutterpede cutter by EK Success; I have both the large and the small. I like them the best of the cutters I have tried. While on the topic of layers, I did notice that according to the angle in which you shoot your picture, the layers can look distorted. Has anyone else noticed this? If so, do you do anything to remedy it?
Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your evening....
Angela

8 comments:

Amy said...

Darling card--that image is just too cute, and I love your colors and DP. And that measuring spoon charm! I love it!

Carole Campanile said...

Oh!! Adorable!! I love the colors and the DP and really love those spoons.
Great card!

Linda Palmer said...

Very cute card! Love this image an you colored it beautifully. Great card.

Banu said...

This is such a cute card Angela. I loved the way you have done the sentiment and that charm is just soo cute. very pretty.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just darling! Love that little measuring spoon charm. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Jessica G. said...

Awesome image/DP/charm combo and your spin on this sketch is perfect!

Larissa said...

Very fun card! The image is so adorable and I love the embellie!

Kathy said...

So cute, that charm is so sweet with this image. And the dsp is just perfect for this image. I agree the angle of the photo can really distort things. I always shoot at an angle, so it often looks crooked, but when I try to shoot straight on I always get a glare. I'm definitely not good with the camera!