Tuesday, November 30, 2010

TMS#70


Good morning! It's time for another sketch from Melissa at the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog. Our sponsor this week is Pixie Petals, which is an Etsy shop. I had some fun ribbon and crochet flowers to work with, so "thank you" to Pixie Petals!
I actually have 2 cards for you today, because I messed up on the sketch.... Imagine my surprise when Melissa emailed me to tell me I used the wrong sketch! Oops!
The first card actually follows the sketch. Changito is colored with pencils and the card is embellished with a LOT of glitter. It really sparkles! For the ribbon, I adhered the white grosgrain first and then used a strip of the red line tape on top so I could add a bit more texture to the green ribbon. I just scrunched it up and pressed it down.
Image: Stampendous "Changito Snow Play" Clear Set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and New Leaf, Fancy Pants Designs DP
Embellies: Green Ribbon from Pixie Petals, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Polar Bear"
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities and Snowflakes Dies, QuicKutz "Frankie" Alphabet/Handtool, Red Line Tape, EK Success 3D Dots
For the second card, I used Fluffles, who is also colored with pencils and accented with glitter. The DP on this one is really pretty; the holly is flocked and the stripes are accented with glitter. I used the green ribbon and layered a button on top of the red flower. The ribbon has just a bit of silver glitter and I really like the way it crinkles
Image: Stampendous "Fluffles Stocking"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and New Leaf, Doodlebug DP
Embellies: Green Ribbon and Red Crochet Flower from Pixie Petals, PTI Button, Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Polar Bear"
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, EK Success 3D Dots
I can't wait to see what the rest of the DT has come up with using Melissa's sketch. I had a hard time with it because there were a lot of elements.... Anyway, check them out and leave them a little love and encouragement! I hope you can find the time to play along with us this week, too....
Thanks for stopping by today; have a good one!
Angela


7 comments:

Amy said...

Super lovely cards Angela! I really like the scrunched ribbon on the first and the bright color combo. But I also really like the traditional Christmas colors on the second--and the DP you used is gorgeous. I also really like that Fluffles stamp--coal again? Cracks me up!

Linda Palmer said...

Angela, both cards are darling. I love Changito on the shovel and Fluffles is always cute. Your dp is beautiful and love the layouts on both cards.

Jessica G. said...

Your changito card is adorable and I think you did an excellent job on the sketch! However, the Fluffles card has to be one of my all-time faves -- love the DP, beautifully colored image, and the flower is perfect!!

Imke said...

Angela, both cards are great. If i have to choose: My fav is fluffles- sweet image and the DP fits perfect !!

Art Glitter said...

Great cards, love fluffles! Thanks for the mention, you can find a link on our FaceBook Fan Club
info@artglitter.com
http://www.artglitter.com
http://artglitterblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Glitter/330357605104

Melissa Craig said...

Both cards are awesome Angela!! I was happy to feature both.

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh Angela, both of these are just fabulous!! Your take with the sketch is just fantastic and I love that yummy ribbon!! Your Fluffles card is just beautiful and the crochet flower and ribbon are the perfect finish to this fabulous card!

Thanks for the award, I will be posting this Tuesday with my TMS post! You are too sweet!! thanks so much!!