Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketches #68: Cupcake Challenge





Mmmm! Did someone say cupcakes?! What a fun challenge Melissa has cooked up for us this week! You can make a cupcake shaped card, or decorated cupcakes or whatever funky and fun cupcake-related thing you can think of. Our sponsor this week is Sparkle Creations and the prize will be the stamp "Cupcake Ruby". This week is a judged challenge, so get busy and show us your best work!
I thought of making decorated cupcakes, but I already did that. Next I thought of making a cupcake box, but I realized that I would have to bake some cupcakes to fill it. That really isn't a problem aside from the fact that I have a hard time staying out of any goodies in the house! Am I alone here? Does anybody else have that problem? I decided to make cards using one of my favorite sets..."Crazy Cupcakes". It is like Mr. Potato Head! You stamp the cupcake and then add the "parts"...how fun is that?!
Once I finally decided to make a card, I thought it would be fun to use the same layout and stamps to create cards for both a girl and a boy. I used last week's sketch from the SCS sketch challenge. The cupcakes are colored with pencils and the girl's card is embellished with glitter, while both cards have their headgear popped up for some dimension. I have left the insides blank, so I can just add the appropriate greeting when I use the cards.
Stamps: Stampendous "Crazy Cupcakes" Clear Set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Kraft, and Ripe Avocado, SU! Pretty In Pink, My Mind's Eye DP
Embellie: Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Angel Dust"
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestablities, EK Success 3D Dots
I hope you will hop on over to the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog to see what the rest of the DT has created.... I am excited to check it out too! Don't forget to play along!
I also want to welcome Pam, who is a new follower! (My SCS friend and fellow blogger Imke does this and I think it's neat!)
Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great day!
Angela

9 comments:

Amy said...

What fun cards! Love the boy and girl cupcakes. It just so happens that I made a cupcake card last night on my Cricut. I'll have to get it uploaded, then I can enter the challenge.

Imke said...

Angela, great idea to make on for boys and girls. They are really fun and i like the paper piecing.
Now, i hop over to Melissa - i love cupcakes and i hope i find time to play.

Jessica G. said...

How fun to make guy and gal versions of these cupcakes -- cute and hilarious! Perfect images for paper piecing with your always perfect DPs, too!!

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh what a fabulous fun stamp for birthday cards. My boys would love a cute card like these. Love your paper piecing and great papers.

Melissa Craig said...

Angela your cards are just wonderful!! Their little faces are so cute and the papers are awesome.

Chris said...

omg, these are too cute! i love the little crown!

Donelda said...

I adore the hat and crown on these guys ... how could anyone eat them now??!! LOL!!!

Kathy said...

So cute! Love how you popped up the hat and crown. The boy cupcake looks a little mischievous. These are adorable! I too cannot stay away from sweets around the house. These calorie free cuties were a great choice.

Linda Palmer said...

Oh My! What cute cupcakes. Love them, they are so adorable and perfect dp.