Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketches #69



Happy Tuesday! It's time for another sketch from Melissa at the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog. Our sponsor this week is Doodle Pantry and I had these adorable Christmas ants to work with...love them! There were actually 2 different images; in the other, the ants were eating Santas cookies. Can't wait to use that one too!
I did flip the sketch for this card. Isn't that one of the fun things about sketches? You flip them and it opens up a new perspective and possibilities! The image is colored with pencils and I paper pieced the bulb. I did a bit of sponging about the image panel and the DP, just to tie in the gray. The sentiment is also from Doodle Pantry; I attached it using a jump ring. I finished the card off with some sparkly Bella Dots.
Image/Sentiment: Doodle Pantry Digital
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow
Paper: G.P. 110, SU! Melon Mambo, PTI Smokey Shadow, Fancy Pants Designs DP
Embellies: Gray Grosgrain Ribbon, Bella Dots
Extras: Jump Ring, EK Success 3D Dots
I hope you will head on over to the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog to check out the DT's fun creations. Better yet...play along with us!
Thanks for stopping by today; I hope your day is a good one!
Angela

6 comments:

Amy said...

This is gorgeous! I have to say the idea of Christmas ants never even crossed my mind, but they are really cute!

Imke said...

Angela, your card is awesome and it´s a great sketch. Cute little ants and i like the colors. Very pretty.

Melissa Craig said...

Super cute Angela. I really love the big ornament, the ants are adorable!!

Jessica G. said...

This really is an adorable image, Angela, especially when you have the little guys dropping out of the main image panel! And your black shading is awesome!!

Larissa said...

Great card my friend! Love this image and love what you did with the image.

Chris said...

this is fabulous! love that image and the grid pattern, very cool!