Saturday, December 11, 2010

"O Christmas Tree"

Good Saturday morning! I was blurfing this morning and came across this pretty card by Amy Rohl; I liked it so much I decided to CASE it.

I wanted to use the PTI tree die, so I hunted for some paper to match the green felt I had on hand. Then I remembered this fun fabric I bought a couple of months ago...I had to have it when I saw the sheet music pattern! How fun! It's cut with a Spellbinder's die. The card came together pretty quickly since none of the layers are matted. I don't know about you, but it takes me quite a bit of time to get the layers even.... If they're not even, it drives me nuts! A little OCD rearing it's ugly head, I guess! Anyone else have this problem? I distressed the edges of the DP with white ink, ran the scarlet panel through the Cuttlebug and tied the buttons with some floss. Pretty quick and easy once everything was picked out.

Ink: Color Box Frost White
Paper: PTI Fine Linen and Scarlet Jewel, Bo Bunny DP
Embellies: PTI Buttons, DMC Floss, PTI Fine Linen Satin Ribbon
Extras: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Spellbinder's Die, PTI Tree Die, Fabric, Felt from MFT

Tips and Tricks:
I ironed some fusible web to the fabric before cutting it with the die. I think adding a bit more "body" to the thin fabric helped to achieve a clean cut. I then cut another circle from white CS and fused it to the back of the fabric, so it was opaque. It was really pretty easy to do, so I think I will be trying it again.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a great weekend! We are planning a family outing to finish up the shopping and have lunch; then back home to put up the tree, wrap, and bake Christmas goodies!

Angela

6 comments:

Amy said...

This is very pretty and festive! Nice job!

Kathy said...

Great card Angela! You are really doing great stuff with that tree die, I may order that next release. Love the sheet music fabric, what a great idea with the fusible web!

Linda Palmer said...

Angela, this card is fabulous. What a great idea. Love the buttons as ornaments. Great card.

Jessica G. said...

Fun card, Angela; this is yet another awesome way to use this die! I finally bought it, but haven't actually used it yet -- thanks for great inspiration!!

Imke said...

Angela, i like the way how you used the buttons as ornaments. It looks really pretty and the notes fabric- very cool !!

Donelda said...

I'm so jealous that everyone has that PTI tree die! Yours looks awesome here with the music and stripes!!