Tuesday, December 21, 2010

TMS#73: Embellish It!

Good Tuesday morning! Melissa at the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog has another challenge for us...this time no sketch, the challenge is embellishing! Specifically, use your favorite DP and add embellishments in a non-traditional way. Sounds fun, right?! Our sponsor this week is Paper Maniac and the prize is a $20 gift certificate!

One of my favorite Christmas DPs is last year's line from Making Memories; I was lucky enough to find more this year. My non-traditional embellishing would be the buttons used as tree ornaments. Funny thing is...there is no stamping on this card!

Paper: PTI Vintage Cream and True Black, SU! Cranberry Crisp, Making Memories DP
Embellies: Assorted Buttons (Foof-a-la, PTI), Black Grosgrain Ribbon (my stash)
Extras: Spellbinder's Nestabilities, Tim Holtz Embossing Folder, PTI Tree Die/True Black Felt, MFT Green Felt, DMC Floss

If you hop on over to the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog, you can see what the rest of the DT came up with. I would also like to see your efforts, so please play along and show us your creativity!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Angela

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, wow, this is gorgeous! Love the mix of DP's, the embossing, and mostly that felt tree with the buttons. Perfect!

Jessica G. said...

I came so close to using this tree; in fact, using the tree sent to me in a Secret Sis kit! I'm glad I didn't though because yours defintely outshines my efforts!!

Cute and elegant both -- love those buttons!

Imke said...

Angela, brilliant card. This Tree Die is the best ever and i like how you decoreate it with the buttons. Beautiful !!

Larissa said...

Such a pretty card! Love the tree and all the buttons you added.

Merry christmas!! :)