Tuesday, December 28, 2010

TMS#74

Good morning! This will be our last challenge of the year from Melissa at the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog. Our sponsor this week is Soft Pencil...aren't these sailors adorable?

This card is pretty straight forward: the image is colored with pencils and the sailor's eyes are dotted with a black gel pen. The DP is by My Mind's Eye. I added some red brads for interest and scored a few lines with my Scor-Pal to add a bit of texture to the card base. The image panel is popped up.

Image: Soft Pencil Digital Stamp
Ink: Sakura Black Gel Pen
Paper: G.P. 110, PTI Hawaiian Shores, SU! Ruby Red, My Mind's Eye DP
Embellies: Spare Parts Brads
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, Spellbinder's Nestabilities, Scor-Pal, EK Success 3D Dots

I can't wait to hop on over to the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog to check out the rest of the DT's creations! Please join us and give this week's sketch a try!

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

7 comments:

Larissa said...

Great card Angela! Love the dp you used! I hope to have some time to play this week. I love the sketch.

Theresa said...

Hi Angela, your card is just perfect. I love that DP - I'm a huge fan of stripes. I love the embossing you did on the blue. Great job!

Jessica G. said...

Love that plaid and how you colored the sailor suits, too! I could NOT think of how they should look -- this is definitely it!!

Jackie Randolph said...

Cute, Cute, Cute Angela!!! Love the plaid papers and the scored embossing on the cardstock!!

Wishing you a year full of happiness, health and much crafting!

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card and such cute images. Love the plaid and embossing added the extra touch.

Donelda said...

hehehe, almost thought I was on Jess' blog then realized you used plaid paper and not the stripes she did :-) This is awesome, great coloring!!

Imke said...

This is so cute Angela. Lovely Image and i like the colors. The Background lines looks great and the DP fits perfect.

Happy New Year 2011 !!