Tuesday, January 18, 2011

TMS#77: Heavy Metal

Good morning! It's Tuesday so that means we have another challenge from Melissa at the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog. This week it isn't a sketch though; the challenge is "heavy metal". That's right, we would like you to use metal on your card!

I did a bit of a double play on the "heavy metal" theme...I thought this rock and roll chick would be a great image to use. Bella is colored with pencils and I added a red highlight to her hair. (As I was coloring her, I was reminded of the days when I used to be a hair stylist and wore my hair red...very red! That was a long time ago....) I used a metal star brad to carry out the "rock star" theme. I used my favorite "go-to" layout for Bella stamps as well.

Image/Sentiment: Stamping Bella
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select and Smokey Shadow, SU! Tangerine Tango, Basic Grey "Ambrosia" DP
Embellies: Tangerine Crinkle Ribbon, Smoke Grosgrain Ribbon, Creative Imaginations Star Brad
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, EK Success 3D Dots

I can't wait to see what the rest of the DT has come up with for this theme; you can check them out at Tuesday Morning Sketches. This week is a judged challenge, so I hope you will play along so we can see your creations too!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Angela

7 comments:

Imke said...

Great take with the metal star, Angela . It fits perfect.

Amy said...

So cute! I just love the colors you've used here.

Donelda said...

hehe - I love your double take on the challenge! The colors are a perfect choice and I love the addition of her red streak!!!!

Banu said...

ooh!!!! Awesome. Loved the image combined with the brad.. Great!!!

Linda Palmer said...

I love what you did with this. The colors just make the whole card pop. Love that orange. Fantastic card.

Chris said...

very cool, love the image!!

Larissa said...

Fabulous card! The metal star is awesome!