Friday, May 27, 2011

Changito Thank U

Hello! How's your Friday going so far? It's great that the weekend is almost here! Today I have some cards to share that my daughter requested for her track coaches and manager. Quite frankly, I was surprised considering she always acts like I am a bit "off" because I enjoy stamping so much! LOL Anyway, I sent her to my card rack to pick out a sample card for me to work with. We decided to make a different color for each person. The colors are from the color family SU! used to call "Bold Brights" and I used to work with these colors a lot...funny how our styles change over the years. I do think the bright colors look pretty all lined up.

Here's a close-up of the pink card (my favorite color). The green panel is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder, Changito is colored with pencils and the flower is accented with Doodlebug glitter.

Image: Stampendous
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: G.P. 110, SU! Passion Pink, Yo Yo Yellow, and Only Orange, PTI Dark Chocolate
Embellies: SU! Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Doodlebug Glitter
Extras: Crayolas/Goo Gone, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos

Ivy took the finished cards to school, had the other girls on the team sign them, then presented them in clear envelopes at their end of the season pizza party.

Here is a picture of Ivy from this season. It's a bit fuzzy, since I took a picture of a photo. The girls had a fun season; it was their first, so they were practicing with the different events to find their niche. We were surprised to have Ivy switch to the high jump; we always thought she would stick with the long jump. My husband was a great long jumper and Ivy had previously won a gold medal in the long jump at an independent meet. Whatever she decides to do is okay with us; we just encourage her to do her best and have fun doing it!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Angela

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the three cards. Fun colors and all so bright and cheerful, bet the coaches loved them! Great pic of Ivy, such a pretty young lady!

Banu said...

Beautiful Cards Angela. Loved them all. The colors are fun!!!!. Great pic of Ivy and all the best to her.

Amy said...

Oh, fun! Love all the bright colors. Your daughter is beautiful!

Chris said...

what a cutie your ivy is and i so love her name!

your cards are super cute!! esp the pink one *wink* lol

Linda Palmer said...

Ivy is so beautiful! Love that pose and love your cards. I love bright colors and love the added embossing.

Theresa said...

Angela, these cards are just so wonderful. I love the bright colors. The flower the monkey is holding is adorable. Great work!!