Wednesday, May 4, 2011

SC331: Changito with Flowers

I have been working on this card on and off this afternoon. I had a little excitement along the way when I had a fire in the kitchen.... My son had requested pumpkin pie for supper and I was just getting ready to pop it into the oven when I smelled smoke! My hubby had put a pizza box in the oven and I didn't see it before turning it on. Good grief! I was able to get it out, toss it in the sink, and hose it down with the sprayer. Unfortunately that's not all that got sprayed.... What a stinky mess it was! I am just thankful that the fire wasn't worse.... All is well now, after opening the windows to air the house out.
Alrighty then...back to the card. I was in the mood for Changito today, so I picked this fun spring image from my stash. The sketch was pretty simple; I like the clean, crisp lines. The image is colored with pencils and accented with gel pens. I embellished simply with brads and some twill.
Image: Stampendous "Changito Spring" Clear Set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen, Signa White Gel Pen
Paper: G.P. 110, SU! So Saffron and Ruby Red, The Paper Studio DP
Embellies: SU! So Saffron Twill, Spare Parts Brads
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos
Thanks for stopping by today!
Angela

6 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Too cute for words. I love this layout, the bigger border and changito.

Chris said...

ok, why did your hubs put a pizza box in the oven? lol your card is super cute, love the image.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I really happy to read this blog.
This card is looking so sweet and cute.I love this colors you've used in this card. This button and ribbon works are awesome!!!
Thanks for this great post.
Ecommerce website development

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you got the fire under control with no damage. :)

I love this little image. My DMIL let me stamp this image off during my last visit. I couldn't wait to get my own. I think you did an awesome job on it. I love the colors and the clean lines.

Anonymous said...

Love this! It's so fun and bright and the layout is absolutely perfect. It's totally balanced and wonderful - something I have a problem with!

Glad to hear the emergency was handled - yikes!