Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Creative Card Crew: Seeing Red

Good morning!  It's time for another fun challenge from the Creative Card Crew team; our challenge this fortnight is "Seeing Red" and our sponsor is Pizzazz Aplenty.

When I was planning my card for this challenge, I thought of Stella's Red Hat Society images, but as I was looking through my stamps I came across this fun image.  Since it's so close to Valentine's Day, I thought I would go with it.  I've been hoarding this DP, but thought it would go perfectly with Stella so I finally took the plunge and cut into it.  Does anybody else have that problem?  Not wanting to actually use your supplies?  Yes, I do realize that there is plenty more DP out there!  LOL

Stella is colored with pencils and accented with glitter.  I couldn't resist adding glitter to her fancy boots...wish I had a pair of those!  I used a simple layout and embellished my card simply with ribbon and a diecut sentiment.

Image: Totally Stampalicious
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura Black Gel Pen
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, SU! Real Red and Elegant Eggplant, Carolee's Creations DP
Embellies: Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter (wings), Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in "Angel Dust" (on red), PTI Pure Poppy Grosgrain Ribbon, SU! Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Spellbinders Die, The Paper Studio Sticky Doos



What do you think?  Is she a hot tamale or what?  LOL  I hope you will head on over to the Creative Card Crew blog to check out the rest of the DTs' creations.  I would love to see your take on "Seeing Red" too!

Thanks for stopping by!

Angela

7 comments:

Doreen said...

A fabulous card and a great image.xxx

Amy said...

How cute and fun! That DP is just too cute.

Chris said...

that ole lady cracks me up, super card for sure!!

Margaret said...

Hehe,she looks as impressed as I feel about Valentines day lol
Margaret xx

Ani said...

Such a cute cupid... Lovely card!

Kathy said...

I LOVE Stella. You've colored her beautifully, such nice shading on the dress. Pretty dsp, too, lol! I'm a hoarder, too. Now you say you can always get more, but what if you can't find the exact same pattern? (see how bad my problem is??!!). Glad you cut into it, it is great with Stella!

Larissa said...

A very lovely card my friend! Stella is looking really good with her glitter boots.

And yes I am the same: I always want to save all my stuff. So brave of you to cut the design paper...I know how scary it must have been! LOL