Monday, February 1, 2016

You're so tweet



Good morning!  We have a new sketch for you, along with a twist..."Hearts, Hearts, and More Hearts"!  You can play along using the sketch, the twist, or both...here's the sketch:


I went with the sketch and the twist!  The image is colored with pencils and I've added a healthy dose of the sparkly stuff!  I was using scraps and thought I would be able to run the stripes up and down...no such luck!  I had already colored the image to coordinate with the paper so I just went for it....  What do you think?  Does it look odd?  I've embellished simply with die cut hearts and a sentiment.  This could make a good Valentine, or even a "Thank you".

Ink: Printer, Signo Black Gel Pen
Paper: G.P. 110 CS, SU! Blushing Bride, PTI True Black, Patterned Paper (scraps from my stash)
Embellie: Martha Stewart "Sugar Cube" Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Goo Gone, Lil' Inker Designs Heart Dies, Foam Tape

Please check out the rest of the DT's creations here, along with the challenge details.  We hope you will give the challenge a try!

Challenges entered:

613 Avenue Create: Anything Goes (optional twist of "Use Something From Your Stash-I used paper scraps)
Crafty Friends: Animals/Birds
The Paper Players: Tic-Tac-Toe


Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Beautiful card! Great job on doing both the sketch and the twist! Your stripes look perfect! Horizontal stripes are just as good as vertical ones! Nothing "odd" about that, although I know when you have an idea in mind and have to alter it, it's easy to second-guess yourself. Truthfully I wouldn't have thought anything of it at all if you hadn't mentioned it! Lovely coloring on the digi, too!

Imke said...

Very sweet, Angela !

My new WordPress blog: My Crafty Place

Sheryl said...

Super geometric feel to this card. Glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member. Xx

Jo said...

This is such an adorable card, I think the papers work beautifully with this lovely image, which, I don't think I have in my collection?....not yet anyways ;)

Engelchen said...

Love your card.
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends.
Greetings Geesje

Colleen Begley said...

Angela, super cute! I love that little birdie balanced on the hearts. Thanks for playing along with our Tic-Tac-Toe challenge at The Paper Players this week.

Brenda said...

As usual, wonderful design. I really like this digi...on my wish list it goes!

Diane Louise J said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card with CRAFTY FRIENDS 'Animal/Bird' Challenge... good luck and we hope you will join us for our next challenge.
Diane Louise (DT) x